We are delighted to announce we have been accepted as corporate members of the Institute of Paralegals (IoP).
As a professional membership body, the IoP has a shared purpose of providing professional legal services.
The IoP is the leading authority on the development and standing of paralegals and in 2005 was granted Institute status by the Secretary of State for the Department of Trade and Industry after evidencing meeting the governments requirement of being a ‘professional body of the highest standing’.
This membership for BTWC is part of our ongoing commitment to adhering to the highest in standards for all aspects of our services. Our members and advisers who choose to refer to us can be assured of receiving a professional and trusted service which will further enhance their own client offering.
The Institute of Paralegals are the only government recognised professional body for the paralegal sector in England and Wales. All ‘non-reserved’ legal work such as Wills, Will Trusts, LPA’s etc falls within this category and our affiliations with the IoP, SWW and IPW demonstrate our competency standards to be able to carry out this work.
As an incorporated not for profit professional body for Paralegals who undertake legal work this accreditation also further compliments the work of our partner solicitors who operate within the Solicitors Regulatory Authority framework.
Amy Peters, BTWC Operations Director comments “As we continually strive to move forward in the support of our associates and their businesses, we are delighted that the IoP accreditation will offer further assurance of our commitment to the highest professional standards. As we emerge from one of the most testing times in our nation’s history, this is just one of a number of projects we have in hand to further develop our offering as we endeavour to offer the best Estate Planning services possible. We are looking forward to the remainder of 2020 being a successful period for BTWC and our associates.”
By being a member of the IoP our members will directly benefit from an expert platform which has been further solidified. Our team has direct access to a wealth of enhanced support alongside being accredited member of the Institute of Professional Willwriters.
Benefits to the BTWC members & their clients include:
- Access to more industry updates to support advice given to clients
- Helps further assure your clients of our professional standards
- Members gain access to additional technical support resources for complex cases
- Members can access further education and training opportunities to support CPD
- A minimum level of accountability and competency needs to be demonstrated providing assurance to clients of our capability and commitments to high standards.
- Solicitors are regulated by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority and all of our ‘reserved’ legal work falls within this umbrella and is carried out by our partner solicitors.