Whilst making a Will is a fundamental part of planning for our futures, sometimes taking a humorous view supports clients to understand the consequences of not taking any action. One of our fantastic consultants came up with the below to help raise a smile about the reasons people give to not make a will.
1. I hate my children and want them to never speak to each other again after the battle over my estate
2. I hate my spouse/partner and want him or her to suffer the agony of attempting to probate my estate without a will
3. I think foster care is great and I want my minor children placed there whilst a court decides which greedy relative will get custody
4. I'm not sure about my funeral arrangements to I'll let my family surprise me
5. My family doesn't need the money so I want the government to take as much of my estate for taxes as possible
6. I'm happy to expect my family to pay my funeral, after all that's what they're here for
7. I'm happy for my hard earned money to be spent on paying for long term care costs
8. I don't mind if my family have to take a loan out to pay for my funeral as long as I get a good send off
9. I have reliable information that I am never ever going to die
Want to show your clients why they SHOULD make a Will? BTWC offers full training and support on all aspects of Estate Planning. Contact us today and take the next step.